Saturday, March 26, 2011

Plan >> Do >> Do >> Plan

Hello again -

I find that I live in two worlds sometimes. The "default mode" is that where I'm doing the things on my checklist: paying the bills, taking out the trash, scooping up the dog poop. The other mode, that which I'm in at this very moment, is the more exciting mode: life planning. Dreaming, thinking of what could be, imagining having a cottage near the Irish Sea, visualizing having my own business. At this stage, though, I have a bit of a disconnect when it comes to converting these dreams to action items. I mean, it's reasonably straightforward to reverse engineer those dreams to actionable items in the here and now. But unfortunately, my brain has over 41 years or training in doing the default things. It may not get me to Europe... but at least the backyard gets free of poop. Sigh...

Yebay

No comments:

Post a Comment